Since forming in 1998, NYC's own Japanese punk band Peelander-Z have gained a massive cult following due to their catchy tunes and energetic live shows. The group is now set to take on the Warped Tour for the first time this summer. Lead singer Peelander Yellow discusses their recent U.S. tour, their upcoming stint on Warped Tour and future plans.
1) The band recently performed at this year's SXSW festival. What was that experience like?
SXSW is always fun. We really enjoyed hanging out with friends, bands and music industry folks from all around the world who attend SXSW.
2) Peelander-Z just finished an U.S. tour with Amamanguchi. How did that go?
It was incredibly amazing!!! They are really talented and awesome band. I almost fell in love with them! hahaha! Hope we play at MSG together in the near future.
3) The band will be a part of this year's Warped Tour. What are you most looking forward to about it?
Yayyyyyy! We're so excited to be playing at Warped Tour! Playing at open-air stage is a lot of fun! Peelander-Red might fly in the sky, Peelander-Green would probably kiss to pretty girls and Peelander-Yellow would be losing another front tooth! Oh ouch! See what would happen to us on stage!!!!!!
4) What bands are you excited to see on Warped Tour?
All bands!!!!!!! We would like to be their friends. Seriously!!!!
5) Have any members attended Warped Tour in the past?
Yes, Red and I attended NJ show in 2009.
6) Last year, the band did their first European tour. Are there any other places that you'd like to hit up in the future?
The tour w/ Electric Eel Shock was so much fun! We'd love to return to Europe real soon and then dream world tour with white tiger and David Copperfield!!! We'll fly to next planet if we make you all happy.
7) What are your plans after Warped Tour?
Our greatest hits album is coming out in August, so be on the lookout!!!
Catch Peelander-Z on the Warped Tour this summer from July 20th-July 29th with stops in Camden (7/21) and Oceanport (7/24).