Arizona rock group, Jimmy Eat World have been touring non-stop in support of their recent release Invented (Interscope). The quartet will hit up Montclair's Wellmont Theatre on Saturday June 4th with Civil Twilight. Tickets for this show are still on-sale. Guitarist Tom Linton was nice enough to talk to us about their recent Coachella appearance and fond memories about playing New Jersey.
1) The band recently performed at the Coachella Festival. How did that go?
We've wanted to perform at Coachella for a long time so we're super glad they asked us to play. We had so much fun and the crowd was great!
2) This summer Jimmy Eat World will head to Europe to play a handful of festivals. What are some of your favorite places to visit when performing in Europe?
The Cathedral in Barcelona Spain and the Louvre Museum in Paris.
3) What are some of your favorite songs to perform live?
Right now I'd have to say Invented and Goodbye Sky Harbor.
4) Will the band perform more Static Prevails material in the future?
Every once and a while we'll play a song or two from Static Prevails. We usually make up a setlist right before we play so anything is possible. Maybe we'll play one when we come to NJ.
5) What are some of your favorite places to play in NJ?
We've been touring for a year now playing songs from Invented and I think out of all the places we've played at since we started, the crowd at The Starland Ballroom in Sayerville, NJ has been the best.
6) Do you have any fond(or not so fond) memories from playing NJ in the past?
I remember playing a really fun show at the Wayne Firehouse. We also played at a roller skating rink a long time ago.
7) What bands are you currently listening to?
Kurt Vile, Elbow, The Stooges, Afghan Whigs
8) What are Jimmy Eat World's plans for the remainder of the year?
We'll be touring for the rest of this year and then we'll go back into the studio and start working on a new record.