The popularity of The Ready Set is growing every single day with no signs of slowing down in the future. The release of last June's I'm Alive, I'm Dreaming (Sire/Decaydance) spawned the platinum selling single "Love Like Woe". TRS has been featured on MTV numerous times and recently headlined the Glamour Kills tour. At this year's Bamboozle, The Ready Set will perform on all three days. Frontman Jordan Witzigreuter talked about his recent stint on the Glamour Kills tour, performing on the Bamboozle Festival and his upcoming gig on the Vans Warped Tour.
1) You just wrapped up the Glamour Kills tour. How did that go?
Amazing. First time ever headlining a tour. I was pretty nervous to be the main act on a tour as I had always supported in the past, but it went really well and the majority of the shows sold out. All the other bands we had on the tour were great too; I was able to bring out a lot of bands that I'm friends with. I'm excited to headline another tour soon!
2) Recently,the single "Love Like Woe" went platinum. Were you surprised by its popularity?
Very! I knew at the time it was definitely the most radio-friendly song I had, but it doing as well as it did was an awesome shock.
3) What was the reason behind making another music video for the song?
We wanted to make a kind of brighter version of the video for international stuff. The label and I ended up liking it so much that we decided to release it over here as well as a valentines day gift.
4) You're going to perform at this year's Bamboozle Festival. What are you most looking forward to about it?
It's my favorite show of the year. It was one of those things I strove to be a part of when I began TRS, and it's always a blast to play. I'm definitely excited to see the difference in the crowd this year as opposed to last also.
5) Since you're playing all three days, will there be any something different thrown into each set?
We shall see. We may mix it up a bit, hopefully I get a chance to add some new stuff. We fly in from Paris the night before so I know time will be crunched and it will be hectic, but that's part of the fun!
6) What are you most looking forward to about being on this year's Warped Tour?
I'm excited to be a part of something that has as much history and that has run as long as warped tour has. I went a few times when I was younger and it was a huge part of what got me so into the culture of music. I'm excited to see how the tour has changed and to be on the other side of the barricade.
7) What are your plans for the remainder of 2011?
Staying as busy as possible! Touring throughout the rest of the year and putting out a bunch of new music in lots of different ways.
Be sure to catch The Ready Set on this year's Bamboozle Festival.